Saturday 18 January 2014

About ME :)

   Hello!! My name is Ngoc Nguyen (I bet you are now trying to pronoun it but you can't :>) but people always call me Maria :) I just turned 14 years old last Christmas. I am a grade nine student at Madonna Catholic Secondary School. Native Art is one of the four courses that I've taken in this first semester. In this wonderful course, I've gotten to do a lot of cool projects that involve in the Aboriginal cultures. I've also learned about their heroic history as well as the stereotypes that they have to face with. 
      
      I've surprisingly discovered some characteristics and also some bad habits that are always deep in my blood but I just had never realized before. :) I've loved art ever since when I was a kid but I had always been arrogant. I thought that I was intrinsically gifted therefore I did not have to practice and I can just set that talent aside and use it whenever I want to. Until now, I start to realize that I was totally wrong because everything takes practice and persistence. As Albert Einstein said: " Genius is One Percent Inspiration, Ninety-Nine Percent  Perspiration". 
Art has always been an inspiration for me in my life but sometimes I feel like the passionate flame inside of myself just is suddenly extinguished into nowhere.....






Deadlines are the motivation that push me to do the art work that I've been assigned. I'm that type of person who lets the grass grow under my feet first before I start doing what I'm supposed to do. On the other hand, if I suddenly want to paint or draw something I would forget to eat or sleep and 100% concentrate on the art that I'm working on until I finish it. :)



      Throughout this art course, I've found a valuable treasure under the deepest ocean which is filled with priceless knowledges, useful experiences
and precious lessons that will be the keys which will help me to unlock the successful doors on my future path. :)

   A SINCERE THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart TO MS. LENARDON, the one who has always been there to help me throughout this WONDERFUL art course :) (I bet you are either smiling or smirking or giggling or laughing miss.)


In this portfolio, you'll open a magical door which leads you to discover my land where I will showcase you the five main art work that I've done throughout this semester. 

         LETS START THE ADVENTURE!!!       




No comments:

Post a Comment